SaTOURday is held the last Saturday of each month, when many of the museums of Frankfurt are free, and many of them hold special workshops for children. Every month has a theme for these events and workshops, but these will all be in German. Children from 6-18 receive free entry every day, to the same museums that are free on SaTOURday.
Free Museums on SaTOURday
* Archeology Museum * Historic Museum * Judengasse Museum * Ikon Museum * Museum of Applied Arts * Museum of Modern Art (3 locations!) * Deutsches Architecture Museum * World Culture Museum * Dom Museum * Caricature Museum
You still need to pay to get into the following museums:
* Goethe Haus * Communication Museum * Senckenburg Museum of Natural History
* Palmengarten * Liebieg Haus * Schirn * Bible Haus Museum * Städel * Film Museum
* The Jewish Museum is expected to re-open in April of 2020, after 4 years of construction and renovations.
* The Leather Museum in Offenbach offers free entry on the 1st Saturday of the month. Great exhibits about the history of shoes! Leather Museum
(the photo is from the Historic Museum)