Because the rate of infections has rapidly increased, the city of Frankfurt has instituted new regulations.
* Restaurants, cafes, bistros and bars must close at 23:00 beginning Friday, 9 Oct. This will not affect theaters, movies, or private persons on the street.
* Restaurants, bars, cafes require contact details that they keep for 4 weeks. They are allowed to ask for ID to be sure the information is correct. Too many people were writing down false names, like Micky Mouse, Cinderella, etc.
* Sale of Alcohol from 23:00-06:00 is forbidden, beginning 19 Oct.
* Plastic, see-through chin masks (popular with servers) are not valid masks and will not be accepted as such.
* Masks will be required in the entire inner city area from the Wallanlage to the Sachsenhausen river bank, as well as the following streets and the area around the Hauptbahnhof. Masks are required on all public transportation and all stations including underground stations, bus and tram stops:
Berger Straße, Schweizer Straße (including Schweizer Platz), Leipziger Straße, Goethestraße, Oeder Weg (from Anlagenring to Glauburgstraße), Königsteiner Straße, Münchener Straße, Kaiserstraße, Kalbächer Gasse
* Alcohol consumption in most outdoor public areas will be forbidden.
Grüneburgpark, Günthersburgpark, Wallanlage (park surrounding inner city), all green spaces on the Main River banks, the Friedberger Platz, Luisenplatz, Matthias-Beltz-Platz, Kalbächer Hasse, Entire Fressgasse up to the Hauptwache, Opernplatz, Liebfrauenberg, Plaza behind the Kleinmarkthalle, Schäfergasse, Kaiserhofstraße, Bockenheimer Landstraße from Niedenau until the Opernplatz, Kettenhofweg from Niedenau to the Alte Oper, Kaisersack, Kaiserstraße, Bahnhof plaza, Taunusstraße, Münchener Straße, Elbestraße, Moselstraße, Niddastraße, Allerheiligenstraße, Zeil/Konstablerwache. Including: Alt Sachsenhausen on the Großen Rittergasse, Kleinen Rittergasse, Frankensteinerstraße, Paradiesgasse and Paradieshof, Klappergasse, Neuer Wall, Affentorplatz.
Important: At the Farmers Markets, no alcohol will be served for immediate consumption.
* Gatherings in private homes and spaces will be limited to persons from 2 households, maximum of 10 people.
* Private gatherings outside will be limited to 10 persons.
* Masks must be worn in Religious institutions, such as Churches, Mosques, Temples, Synagogues.
* Masks are required in all stores and on all forms of public transportation. Those who are not wearing a mask or who are not wearing it properly (nose not covered, for example) will be fined 60€.
* Those who work in day cares. kindergarten, or kitas, receive free testing every 2 weeks.