The lockdown in Germany has been extended until 14 Feb. 2021. The new restrictions for masks go into effect on 23 Jan. 2021
*Masks in stores and on public transportation will have to be either the medical masks or the FFP2 masks. Medical masks are widely available in stores. (Bavaria requires FFP2) RMV will hand out free masks in certain locations, but they have not announced when or where yet.
* All retail stores will stay closed.
*Stores and Farmers markets selling food are open, this includes drugstores like Rossmans, DM, etc.
*Restaurants, cafes, bistros are closed except for delivery and take out
*Private meetings in public are limited to only 1 person besides your own household. Children under 14 do not count. Recommended is to keep the number of persons (1-5) besides your own household to a minimum when meeting privately at home.
*Doctors, Dentists, Opticians, Hearing Aid Stores, Physical Therapy, Medical Foot Care, Logotherapy and Ergotherapy stay open.
*Schools, day-cares, & kita are to remain closed until 31 Jan. Childcare remains available for those parents who have essential jobs.
*All events that are for entertainment purposes are canceled, both outside and inside. Private events outside of your own home are not allowed
*Gyms, Fitness studios, Swimming pools, Saunas will close. Sport Clubs/Verein may not meet to practice. Individual sports like Jogging or biking are allowed
*No consumption of Alcohol in public
*Theaters, Opera, Movie Theaters, Amusement parks, Spielhalle, Casinos will be closed.
*Hotels are closed except for those on emergency trips
*Hair Salons, Barbers, Cosmetic studios, Massage Practices, and Tattoo Studios must close.
*Religious services stay the same, masks must be worn, social distance must be kept.
*Museums, Castles, Zoos, and Animal Parks are closed
What stays open? Gas stations, Car and Bike Repair, Pick-up and Delivery Services, Banks, Post Office, Dry Cleaners, Laundromats, Newspaper Sellers, Animal Feed Stores.
In Frankfurt, these regulations went into effect 19 Oct.
Masks are required on all public transportation and all stations including underground stations, bus and tram stops:
* Sale of Alcohol from 23:00-06:00 is forbidden, beginning 19 Oct.
* Plastic, see-through chin masks (popular with servers) are not valid masks and will not be accepted as such.
* Masks will be required in the entire inner city area
*Important: At the Farmers Markets, no food may be eaten in the market area.
* Masks must be worn in Religious institutions, such as Churches, Mosques, Temples, Synagogues.
* Masks are required in all stores and on all forms of public transportation. Those who are not wearing a mask or who are not wearing it properly (nose not covered, for example) will be fined 60€.
* In cars, if there are more than 2 people from more than 2 households, masks must be worn.
* Those who work in day cares. kindergarten, or kitas, receive free testing every 2 weeks.